As an eye clinic, it should come as no surprise to learn that we sell a wide range of eyeglasses for a wide range of clients. Make sure you have an up-to-date prescription. If not, schedule an eye exam today.
For starters, our clients can expect a full selection of the best and the latest eye wear. We know that different people are most compatible with different eye wear. Therefore, we carry a varied selection so that they can get exactly what they are searching for rather than having to settle. However, since our eyeglasses come from the best designers in the world, our clients can count on them to be both stylish and functional no matter what they might choose.
In contrast, people who want something less noticeable but no less excellent when it comes to improving their eyesight should have no problems with our contact lenses. Combined with our expertise and experience when it comes to eyeglasses, our outstanding selection means that our clients can count on finding something suited to their needs and circumstances. We carry a number of vision plan providers. See if our providers cover your glasses.
Choosing Eyeglasses in Sioux Falls
At Cornerstone Eye Clinic of Sioux Falls, South Dakota, your vision and eye health are our main concern. Additionally, we also want you to look great and feel comfortable in your new eyeglasses. We carry frames in a wide selection of styles and brands and have something to fit most every budget. If you do not have a current prescription, or have noticed a change in your vision recently, Dr. Shane Hartman will conduct a comprehensive eye exam to ensure that you get the most out of your new glasses.
Style & Function
Choosing a great pair of eyeglasses can seem daunting. Some people love frames that make them stand out in the crowd, while others prefer an understated look. Clients who don’t want to change their appearance might consider contact lenses. Whether you know exactly what you want or you are feeling overwhelmed, we can help you find the perfect eyeglasses for your personality.
Choosing Glasses for Your Face Shape
Your new glasses help you see better, but they should also look good on you so you’re comfortable wearing them. The following guide may help you narrow down the frames that are best suited to your face.
- Square-Shaped Face: Look for frames that sit high on the bridge of your nose. Round or oval glasses slenderize and soften the angles of a square face. Avoid rectangular and boxy eyeglasses that will accentuate your angular features, making your head look larger.
- Diamond-Shaped Face: If your face is widest at the cheekbone area and narrows at the forehead and chin, count yourself fortunate to have both angles and curves to play with. Look for top heavy styles, including semi-rimless frames, to contrast with your pointed chin, or frames that sweep upward, such as cat eye glasses, to emphasize your cheekbones. Steer clear of narrow, boxy eyeglasses that draw attention to your slender forehead and chin without enhancing them.
- Heart-Shaped Face: A lot of us fall under this category, which features a broad forehead and narrow chin. Look for frames that are bottom heavy and wider than your forehead, yet sit low on your temples, to balance out your narrow chin. Round or rectangular eyeglasses that feature softly curved edges will minimize your forehead. It’s a good idea to avoid glasses with embellished tops or dark frames.
- Round-Shaped Face: Eyeglasses that are well-defined, geometric in shape–such as square or rectangular–and wider than your face, will highlight your cheekbones and introduce angles that slim down your features. You may want to avoid frames that mimic the roundness of your face.
- Oval Face: If your face is about twice as long as it is wide, and only slightly wider at the temples than the jaw, any eyeglasses will look good on you as long as they are properly sized. You’ll look best, however, in frames that are wider than your face and geometrically shaped, as these will draw attention to your cheekbones. Because your face is already so well balanced, we don’t advise excessively large glasses or overly round styles.
Choosing Frames to Enhance Skin Tone
While many people choose frames to complement their hair or eye color, it’s actually skin tone which plays the larger role in enhancing your looks with glasses. But how do you determine your skin tone? We encourage our Sioux Falls patients to check the veins on the insides of their wrists. When your veins appear blue/purple, your skin is probably cool toned. If your veins lean more toward green, then you’re likely warm-toned. If it’s impossible to tell, you’re fortunate to be neutral-toned and can wear any colored eye glasses well.
We’re Here to Guide You
At Cornerstone Eye Clinic, we’re here to offer you advice on choosing a great pair of eyeglasses. We’ll help you determine what works with your Sioux Falls lifestyle. Here we do everything we can to take the anxiety out of your eyeglass purchase so you can enjoy the best vision possible. We work with a number of vision plan providers, and encourage you to find out if your insurance will cover all or part of the cost of your eyeglasses.
Check Out These Glasses, be Amazed!